Video Chapters help divide your long videos into multiple short sections with Titles. Creating chapters in Cincopa allows the users to add multiple points in a video and then make the chapters visible as a timeline in the video. This helps the viewers to easily navigate through different chapters without having to watch the entire video.
Video Chapters are very helpful in creating tutorial/help videos where each chapter will represent a topic of discussion. This makes it easier for the viewer to find the help topic they are looking for.
Creating Video Chapters will also allow you to show your viewers what’s coming next and help them understand what they can expect to see in the video.
How to create Chapters for your Cincopa Video Asset?
- Log into your Cincopa Account or Sign up for a new Cincopa Account
- Click on the Assets option from the top left menu to open the Assets list. Search for the video you want to add chapters to, and click on the video settings icon as shown in the screenshot below.
- Once you are in the video settings, click on Chapters option and then click on the Add Chapter link as shown below.
- Enter the start time for the chapter, enter chapter title and click on Save to save the changes. You can also click on the Add Chapter link to add more chapters and then click on Save at the end once you are done adding all the chapters. In the example below, the time is set to 1 minute and title is set as Chapter 2 which means the user will be taken to the 1st minute in the video upon click on Chapter 1.
Adding/Editing Chapters in bulk:
- Click on the Edit Bulk link. This option will open a window where you can add titles and time to create or edit your chapters.
- In the window that opens up, add the time and title of the chapter using the format hh:mm:ss,ChapterTitle. Once you are done adding/editing the chapters, click on the Save button to save the changes.
- You will now see the chapters added to the video. To view the video, simply click on the chapters icon in the video player as shown in the screenshot below to see how it works.
Editing/Removing a chapter?
Once a chapter is created you may want to Edit some information or remove a particular chapter from your video. Hence Cincopa allows you to edit/remove the chapters that you already created.
To do so, you will have to go back to the Chapters section and simply click on the chapter title or time you would like to change.
The created chapter will appear in the Gallery as well when the asset with chapters played.
List of Templates that support Chapters:
After creating chapters, they will be displayed automatically on the galleries with the following skins:
- Spree Video Playlist
- Online Video Course
- Billboard Video Player
After creating chapters, you will have the ability to turn them ON/OFF chapters in the galleries with the following skins (by default chapters will be turned off):
- Photon Video Player
- Video gallery with right playlist, large preview
- Video Academy Template
- Video with horizontal playlist