Video is becoming an increasingly important marketing tool for both individuals and businesses. More than 500 hours of video are watched each day in the US, and that number is on the rise.
With that in mind, here are the top 10 reasons for you to add video to your marketing efforts in 2019.
- Video grabs attention. Social media algorithms give extra credit to video due to its thumb-stopping power in the feed when compared to other formats.
- Video content is retained. Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in video format, versus just 10% when reading it in text.
- Video is shared. Videos posted to social generate over 10x the likes and shares of text and images combined.
- Video can be affordable. Now that smartphones are capable of recording in 1080p, it’s getting both cheaper and easier to record high-quality videos on a small budget.
- Video is mobile-friendly. The video format lends itself well to viewing on both desktop and mobile – no custom-tailoring needed. In fact, making sure your video is responsive for all screen sizes will increase your viewer’s engagement.
- Video is content-rich. It allows you to convey complex topics like product explanations, walkthroughs and more in a format that’s easier to follow than text.
- Video helps your search results. Websites with video on are over 50 times more likely to show up on the first page of Google.
- Video highlights your personality. It’s one thing to read words on a page. Video allows you to deliver those same words with flair and personality, which lets your passion shine through to your viewers.
- Video lets you go live. From hosting live webinars to unveiling new products, video allows you to do it in real time with a more engaged audience.
- Video testimonials are more believable. The fact that viewers can see a real person delivering a review makes them more likely to trust the content of the message.
If you need help getting a video campaign off the ground, give us a call.
If you’re ready to get started with video, contact us today for a free consultation.